Firstly, I noticed a sound issue with Scene 03, so I quickly edited that (it was just a case of moving the sound back into place- must have come out of sync during the last edit), so with that exported and replaced, I'm ready to import the materials from Blend Swap and set it up looking pretty.
I started off by finishing this area with the wheel chairs. It was as easy as importing the .obj file and doing a bit of scale work. To size them up I looked at images on google of wheel chairs near doors to get the size right;
After that I simply duplicated (shift + D) then rotated them into place.
I then imported the bed and the curtains- the bed was changed a bit, but more on that in a sec.
For the curtains, I used this texture of a curtain I took while I was at the Hospital last time.
I figured it would help Manx people associate to the Hospital environment a bit more.
Pretty much same deal as the wall textures, edited the photo in Photoshop then whacked it in as texture on Blender. I admittedly took less care with this texture than I did the walls and such, but that's because the curtains have a bunch of ripples and stuff, so you really won't notice them.
Back to the bed. Below is the original bed's Blend file.
Also, with the comic looking books on the lower shells, I gave a shout out to some of the up coming projects by Neb Comics. Far left is '2 Dogs 1 Brain' (not currently out), Lilly & Cat (Available at www.nebcomics.com) and A Cruel Wonderland (Out soon). This was done by texturing the books like I did everything in this game (UV mapping, etc).
I then added in a clock, a radiator and a visitors chair.
I left the clock alone, but changed the texture colour on the radiator and the chair to help blend better with the rooms overall colour. Originally the chair was black and the radiator was a yellowish colour (though I don't think it was suppose to be, that must have been a mistake caused during the transfer from its original blend file to mind.
Lastly I placed on in the corridor. It all looks pretty good, but of course that's when the problems come.
The objects look fine in texture mode, but put it in play mode and some issues start to arise.
The objects take on this weird transparent appearance and as the player moves it gets confused as to what texture it should show. The pillows, for example, take turns hiding behind the bed frame depending on the players position in the room.
The player model itself also gams up in play mode. It seems to levitate for some strange reason.
I figure it's reacting to the objects in the room, so I'll have a look into that and see if there's an easy fix.
For now I have the narration to record, so I'll get off and do that. If there's any development in the textures tonight I'll update as usual.
EDIT:
Despite a sudden family related issue, I focused on the project- helps keep my mind of the situation.. kind of- anyway, I didn't feel like speaking so I'll leave the voice work 'till tomorrow or something, for now I worked on getting the ceiling right.
I then used the ceiling texture (making of shown in a previous post) and stretched the UV map until it fit to my liking.
It looks quite good, but there are a few issues that I'll have to attend at some point;
There are also some areas I might need to play around with to get the whole texture flowing right, but there's not many areas like this, mostly all match up pretty good, so it just needs touching up.
After this I focused on the lights a bit, playing around with the different lamp settings and just trying things out. I hovered the lights up stairs to the pre-existing light textures, but down stairs is a different story.
I used the light-part-less version of that ceiling texture to do the lower half, as it repeated better than the one I used upstairs. This means lights appear as random dots of light- this can easily be fixed by getting hold of a light bulb model or something and placing it over the light; this will appear as thought the light is showing through the light bulb.
That's it for now. I might play around with it a bit more later, but we'll see how things play out.
-Peace!
Bibliography:
"Curtain – Realistic Material" by john_9998
http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/4753
"Watch (empty Rotate)" by krx00
http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/19497
''Wheelchair'' by signguy
http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/71580
"Warm Bedroom" by oldtimer
http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/70652
''SchoolChair'' by Bacteria
http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/73770
"Radiator" by atzibala
http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/56007




















No comments:
Post a Comment