So, I composed myself by listing all the things I need to research within the first two weeks, I'm thinking I will try and get it all done this week, but we'll see how that works out.
I then listen the things I need to design and tried to remind myself it's not as floaty as it feels in my head.
All I really have to do is design the games, 2D and 3D, then work on completing one of them.
The 2D one might be easier to do, but really I want to learn 3D. 2D is a back up at this point.
After this I just need to compose the music for which ever game I choose then configure everything together.
As long as I get the research part out the way things should seem less stressful.
Also I've decided I will do all research in my sketch book the old fashioned way now.
It might be easier to do online, but it's probably best to stick with the log book method.
Also, here are the designs for the female character I have created for the Neb Bear game;
At this point her name is Emily Bearson. Her design was based on Neb then reworked to look more unique.
Her hair and skirt was inspired by Amy Rose (of Sonic the Hedgehog)
Her nose was inspired by the female characters from My Little Pony
and her face was inspired by Japanese chibi art, or Kawaii furry characters
I imagined her as a summer type bear so her dress is pink with flowers on.
The decision to make her hair blue is due to the contrast of her yellow body.
I just think it blended well with the body colour. Plus the red hair bow helps contrast with the pink dress.
The bow is shaped typically like Hello Kitty, not inspired by her but it is a shape you'd mostly associate to something cute. Plus it's kind of candy shape which subtly illustrates cutesy innocents and such.
The choice to leave her top half uncovered is simply because she is a bear there for would have nothing to hide. I think covering up female characters like this is what helps people imagine them in a perverted way, but then I don't know, this is just a conclusion I drew from discussing it with my class mates.
Similar to Sally also from the Sonic universe;







No comments:
Post a Comment