I had two Chris today, one with Chris and one with a group of students.
With Chris I had the idea of using a character to explain the questions rather than plain videos of say, a spider running across the bed. He showed me a game called Fallout 3, during which a cheery little character is illustrated;
it's a non-serious illustration with a darker meaning. that thumbs up sign he's making is actually how you'd measure a nuclear cloud to check if it's near enough to kill you or not.
I'll do more research of this game over the weekend, but for my character I thought Neb would be perfect. I'll have him appear in every photo as an omen of the game, and as the antagonistic entity is a ghost girl, it would all fit in perfectly with the game idea.
Funnly enough this concept was already kind of developed.
This picture is also used in the final print in the last page of Neb the Bear Issue #1, which is a comic I made aaages ago, but it was scrapped as the story was just way to OTT :L
I wanted to created something horrifying but I guess I put to much into it and it came out more disturbing than horror. That's what happens when you take influence from twisted Japanese horror flicks I guess =D
http://andyi.deviantart.com/art/The-Neb-Bear-on-Hospital-Bed-200870076?ga_submit_new=10%253A1399645811&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1
After the group crit, I had the idea of making the entire environment a hospital rather than just the hallways. I'll have to do some primary research on hospital rooms and work on designing a hospital bed in Blender.
as well as that i've been thinking about the music which I'll cover in my next update.
I played Slender Man to get a feel for the horror kind of atmosphere, so I'll be playing around with that.
I'll be getting some more tutorials from Gary soon, then I can start building up the rooms in Blender.
Now I'm going to get on with sketching up the storyboards for the questions.


No comments:
Post a Comment