I chose two class mates to act the parts and they both did a fantastic job!
There were some hick-ups, these mainly being the environment. I was unable to find a free room in the college that contained sofa-like chairs to emulate a living room, well, except one. I was quite kindly allowed to film in the waiting area at the college's catering restaurant, however it did have elderly customers walking in and out which nerved up the actors a little. After a few takes the atmosphere settled and I was able to capture all the clips required to make this scene.
After some heavy editing I was able to compile the chosen clips together and create the alternate scenes.
To keep repartition, the video was given a light Black and White effect. The bear also made an appearance as the character the camera is viewing from. To keep things consistent, any scene with the bear for a brief moment will be static-like; this is so the scenes appear more creepy which hopefully takes away any comedy from the situation.
I also had a group crit this morning. A few things were passed around, two most notable things resulting in decisions would be 1) the games title. I was thinking of calling it 'The Corridor', nice, simple, relevant. After peoples reaction to this I have 99% sure this is what I will call it.
I also explained how the bear was in every video clip for repatition, a connection to the game itself, so it was suggested I use the bear in the actual game some how, perhaps as a model or image on the bed in the first room or something. I am thinking of putting in a transparent image of the bear on the bed, similar to the graphics in old fps games such as Doom, Duke Nukem etc.
These are 2D sprites set in a 3D environment, so when you walk around a character, it simply changes the sprite s angle.
I could do a similar thing by taking 4 different shots of the bear (front, side left, back, side right). I'm not sure how this will work in Blender or how it will look in a fully 3D game, but it's worth a try!
For the rest of the day I will play around with the musical side of things. Now all the scenes are ready, it would be a good time to get a basic idea of the sound done.
EDIT:
I played around with the music a bit- the different settings and instruments in Garage Band on my iPad.
However I was finding it a bit difficult so I moved on to finishing the animation for the ''bad'' ending of the game. This is an animated gif previewing how it will roughly appear in the game.
This is only a test, the lighting in Blender should help things out, plus I'll be editing it in Sony Vegas a bit to darken things out a bit. This animation consists of 3 images of the girl, 3 static images, then another 5 static images at the end. The background on Flash is green so the animation can be used in the game- though I still have to figure out Blenders chroma key options if any... if not there's always a plan B ;)
It was based on a mixture of these two images;
It's 10pm now so I might rest for a bit then do some texture work in Blender for a bit before bed.

.png)










No comments:
Post a Comment