Friday, 30 May 2014

Daily Update 34

I started out my day by finishing off all final edits on scene 3. It had been clipped shorter so the conversation starts close to Chris leaving the room- this moves things along a lot faster, but still has enough pointless conversation to imply you're meeting with friends.


The last thing I wanted to sort out with this clip was the scene where Caitlin slides up closer and leans in.
Midway she mouths ''I'm starting to feel awkward again'' xD so, this had to be clipped out of course.
I clipped from her elbow touching the sofa arm to her about to lean in, faded them together then whacked a bit of static to help the transaction along.


After this I went in for my crit with Gary and he showed me an easy way to get stairs. You basically throw in a standard block, take off 3 faces from one end then take away the bottom one till you're left with two faces in a stair shape. This was textured then placed down the stairs one by one like so;


Here's what it looked like from the bottom and top of the stairs.



Now that was done, I re-textured all the walls like so;

Then..


Blender crashed and I forgot to save D:
Massive bummer- now I had to do all that work again! Ffffffffffffffffff


-inally I got back to where I was previously, only better! =D
I removed the lower part with the flat stair texture as it kept showing through which was making it a little awkward. With that gone I had a bit of an issue with the last step;


The wall was sloped down, so when I put another step there it looked like it was sloping downwards.
I tried various ways to fix this, such as making the stairs longer (which looked weird) and stretching the floor to cover that hole.


In the end it worked out easier to add another step in and just add a face to the left side of the step.


Now that I'm back to where I was before Blender crashed, I had a walk round in game mode looking for areas that need a bit more work. Everything was matched up using that yellow strip as a reference. It still needs a bit of work as the wall colours are different (this is because the wall down the stairs is stretching the texture, where as the wall at the bottom of the stairs is layed over the texture as it appears in the right window there).


Not important right now though as it will be dark down there, so if I get time I'll come back to it.


Next I just made the character taller so the player doesn't look so small compared to the doors and the windows. Easy enough, just stretch the player up on the Y axes.


Later on I tried implementing the Flash animations so it appears as if the ghost is inside the game room with you. This is done by exporting the animation as a PNG sequence- it exports without the stage background in flash (so is transparent) and plays texture as an animation if you select sequence image on Blender- the sound will have to be exported and implemented separately. There are some problems getting it to play, so I will look into that later.


I then started on putting the props in, but college finished and I'm feeling sluggish, so I'll take a nap and work more on it later :)




No comments:

Post a Comment