Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Daily Update 24/25

Yesterday (Monday) I spend the day texturing the game.
I found the way around the previous issue was to project from a straight view.


Because I was looking at the model from an angle, the projection was coming out on that shape, so it all had to be redone from a straight on view (Num Pad: 1 or 3 to see straight, / to see the object selected on its own and . to zoom closer. Then U -> project from view -> S to scale and G to move it around.)

Today I carried on, buuut I ran into another issue that I need to consult with Gary.
Baicaly;

When a view is projected it had to be scaled and fitted manually, but this causes issue when trying to do multiple faces on the same walls. You can mirror flip the projection so the lighting on the texture looks though it is flowing more naturally, however trying to scale everything separately looks a little weird on a mass scale.
I just want to know if I can kind of fit-to-view or something like that to save repeating, if not I'll just have to put up with it and try my best to make it look less weird- hopefully darkening the lighting in game will blind any issues. Here is the game as it stands currently;

Looks pretty swagger so far :)

Next on my list for today is recording the bathroom scene for the in game videos, now I'm currently sketching out the final plan and will begin recording with my actress this afternoon.


(Later that day)

Okay, so the footage for the bathroom scene is all done, as too is the editing!



Didn't run into too much of an issue. As it was recorded in the female toilets it could have been a bit controversial, but everything way cool, I just put a sign outside and got the shots I needed.
The actress I had chosen is involved with stage performance and such, so I was lucky to have her on board!
In Sony Vegas, I edited some clips together and separated the two possible out comes.
One issue there may be is the ring itself; I forgot to leave it in for the part where the camera leave the ring and turns away. It'll only be a single frame where you notice the rings not there, but it's a movement shot so the blur should help cover up that factor.


There was some subtle editing done here and there so the scenes transaction doesn't look too odd.
For example, the shot before this one is a door, the sudden change of scenery looked a bit weird, so I had the first couple of second of the clip after it to move ever so slightly. This movement makes it appear as though the camera has turned, which looks a bit more natural than just a sudden change of perspective.

Film grain was added in one place to help the illusion that something's not right after the static transaction.
I then added the black and white effect on all clips then played with the settings so it still had colour, but looks a little bit darker.


I'll leave it for now and see what reactions I get during our next group crit.
I know last time it was suggestion that I don't darken things too much as the clear shots of the bear didn't look as good as before, however the game itself will be dark, so I think it would look a little weird if we went from a dark game setting to a brightly coloured video clip. 

Now I will plan out the adultery scene for tomorrows recording!



No comments:

Post a Comment