Today I had a lot going on, but I managed to get some game work in. I recorded all the narrator vocals and sent them off to Simon Harris who very kindly agreed to do the voices. My voice just isn't epic enough to create the atmosphere I need, and I feel his voice would work very well for this.
I done a screencast of the game and voiced out the parts then sent it over to Simon.
Hopefully he gets back to me soon, if not I will have to record the voices again myself and just use that, or possibly just narrate via text box.
SUN
Sadly I was unable to do anything today, however I did list everything that needs doing to finish the game, plus some things I need to sort out for the requirements
GAME
-Videos
The choices and the ending cut scenes, both animations and light spawn.
-Lights
I have been playing around and I'm trying to work out the best light settings and such to set the atmosphere. Might need to dig out a light bulb model for the 3 lights down stairs.
-Sound
The clips need their sounds, as well as the main sounds for the game; door sounds, foot steps on character, main sound after second door closes, and perhaps sounds for the main menu and such.
-Menu & Credits
Just a case of creating a separate scene with the main menu, plus the credits which switch back to menu scene after.
-Animations
The character needs his up and down animation, plus I assume the light at the end of the game will be set as an animation sequence that starts when certain clips are chosen.
-Triggers
Once Simon gets back to me with the voice overs, they will replace any door triggers to activate during parts of the narration. Plus all the triggers required to get the different clips and alternative endings working.
-Text box
I don't know if the text box should be in the actual videos or if both the box and the words can be added on in Blender separately.
-Bear
I will take a photo of the Bear in front of a green screen and edit it in Photoshop, this will be placed on the bed in the game and some how set to follow the player from that point (Like Duke Nukem sprites)/.OTHER
- Adrians email regarding exhibition
-Learning Logs
-Logbook / Blog work.
MON
Wrote credits, updated blog.
Might do some logbook work later, but have to check my printers ink level.
I want to get more done but I'm in a bit of an emotional state, plus I have to be up early, so we'll see how it plays out. Hopefully tomorrow pans out okay, then I can chill out a bit and focus on my work.

No comments:
Post a Comment