Sunday, 8 June 2014

Daily Update 44

Today I will be sorting out the Menu screen and the end Credits.
These will be done on separate scenes and appended into Blender later.

To do this, I played around with the camera angle in Blender, then screen captured in play mode.


This was cropped in Photoshop then given a carefully adjusted Pallet Knife effect and a contrast & brightness edit.


I'll put Neb and the Ghost down the end of the corridor- Free Rotate and adjust brightness and contrast- but first I will look for a good font to use. Gary suggested something like Chiller, I checked it out, also browsing the ''horror'' search on 1001fonts.com.

http://fontzone.net/font-details/chiller

http://www.1001fonts.com/horror-fonts.html?page=15&items=10

In the end, I though... The Grudge.. yeah sure.
So I just looked for a font similar to the one used in the grudge (like stringy black hair) and I found this.

http://www.dafont.com/the-grudge.font

That'll do for now, I may find a different one later, but I kind of like this one for now.


Now all I have to do is install the font and place the title of my game 'The Corridor' into Photoshop! =D
Oh... ffffuDDDDDDDDDDDDDD:

http://www.freepcgamers.com/2012/08/the-corridor.html

The Corridor 

Beat me to it. It's a Slender-Man type indie horror game with a Resident Evil 1 graphic feel to it.
Guess I'll have to think of another title- I can't use that name due to copyright, or if not copyrighted, due to google search showing this game before mine. It would cause a variety of complications, so I'll just have to think of something else.

Other title ideas;

-El Corridor
-Hallway Hell
-Trapped in Corridors
-Hallway Lock
-Hospital Horror
-Highway to... a corridor... ff-
-Trapped


For now I'll just call it Trapped. I don't like it, but it will do until I can think of something better later.


I might leave out the menu/options text and check whether it'd be better to do in Blender.


EDIT:

Working on the RPG text boxes now. Going to try and switch the text in Blender to 3 custom text boxes.
As the exhibition will be played with an Xbox 360 controler, I'm going to use the red and green buttons from this graphic-

I'll change it 3 times to avoid any potential issues then mark green as 1 and red as 2 so the game can still be understood when playing it with a keyboard and mouse.


I used the Grudge font for the numbers and Small fonts for the text as it looked more old school RPG text box.




Now I just gotta work out how to get these into Blender


All I really did was spawn in a cube, flatted it down then box texture. This had to be done 7 time to match the different possible endings -bbb, bbg, bgb, gbb, ggb, gbg, ggg-
A lot of the videos in the logic bricks had to be switched around also to match the new answers- before I had the bad answer on 1 and the good answer on 2- but it was a fairly simple switch, just a little confusing.


The text had all the coding on it, so rather than try and replace it, it seemed easier to just shrink the text down and cover it with the text boxes- that way the options are still set to 1 & 2, but you can't see that it's controlled by that random text mesh.


I played through the game with the new text boxes and chose all the bad answers to test things out.. for some reason it took me to this ending which is wrong, however I've checked all the scenes and figure it's just a mix up with the text- this isn't an issue as the text will be replaced with the various ending sequences anyway.

Later on I done a play through of all the different possibilities looking for issues. The ending's miscalculation was still a theme, however as mentioned before, this may be a simple fix.
There were some issues with the videos also-

I fixed the sounds on clip 3. For some reason it was playing the first videos sound, so I went through and switched the sounds in all the necessary places.


I also fixed the second clips Bad option- it was finishing too early, so I changed the timer from 900 units to 1000, that seems to have covered it.




I may work on getting the main menu to work now- I shall update if so.

No comments:

Post a Comment