Saturday, 7 June 2014

Daily Update 43

So, cool, Simon got back to me with the voice work- he also took the liberty of editing his clips and adding a FFT Filter, Compression, a custom reverb, EBU128 Loudness and Ozone 4 Mastering, to make it sound more game-like. He also sent me the regular version, so I went through both files and separated everything into sections for the game like so;



Both clips were a little quiet, however the version Simon edited was a bit more enhanced, so I went ahead and just used that version.

Now that they're all separated the only editing I have left to do is the slow down parts for the bad endings.


On Sony Vegas to slow down or speed up clips you simply hold Ctrl with your cursor over the end of the clip, once you see the squiggly line you can move it left or right. Moving it left will speed it up and right will slow down. I clipped the words into little sections and gradually slowed down the last few words.


For the second part, the sentence was ''oh, but wait.. maybe you're not.'' I noticed Simon didn't say ''not'' so I simply recorded myself saying ''not'' with a bit of a demonic-sort-of emotion. All was slowed down in sections once again and with a bit of tweeking, both voice clips blended quite well together.


They were all rendered in sections like so (above). This makes it easier when importing to Blender.

Next up I need to get three more SFX sorted ready to steam through the game tomorrow.
At this time, I think all I need now is;

-Heart Beat
-Foot Steps
-Flickering Lights
-Door Opening

I found a good heart beat sound at Sound Jay which I edited to beat slow and gradually progress as the questions are answered. To do this, I imported the SFX into Vegas and cut out two of the beat sound waves.


To get the pace, I separated the two beats


Lined up that separation on the end of the clip


Then covered the whole thing in the loop region. Now when the clip reaches the end it will repeat in good time.


This process was repeated three times, cutting the space in between the two clips shorter and shorter each time. This should help build up the tenacity as you progress in the game.


I will keep looking for the other three SFX I need.

Rest of the day consists of Log Book work.


http://www.freesfx.co.uk
http://www.soundjay.com/heartbeat-sound-effect.html
http://z4.invisionfree.com/Resident_Evil_1_2_3/ar/t1635.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment