Today was a bit hectic, so everything's sorted, now I can chill out and get real with this project for the rest of the week. I was up early then crashed out in the afternoon 'til about 6ish.
When I woke up, I set my green screen up ready to get that in-game image of the Neb Bear.
This is the green screen set up.
I steam pressed it to get out all the creases, now it's just left to dry and hopefully straighten out.
While waiting for that- I set up my blog ready to print, however my printer is out of black ink, so it's not going to print very clearly. It's too late to do anything about that now, so I'll have to go shopping tomorrow for some fresh ink.
I also organized all my paper (requirements) and logbook work in a folder. Once the blog is printed I can get all that cleared (or at least nearly done).
I have also had updates from Gary regarding the game, so I will review that and get some Blender work done tonight. I'll be up quite late, so hopefully I can get all this niggly paper work out the way, or at least get some more progress in the game.
Later on I was trying to think of a good way to get the bear to appear sitting in front of the green screen without actually touching it. To do this, I thought to paint this yellow stool the same colour green as my screen. It's pretty spot on for the colour, so lets just see how this turns out.
I painted the body and the legs and left it to dry. Later on I gave it another coat and left it again 'till the next day. While that's drying, I done some more log book work then went to bed.
WED
I checked on the paint then after giving it another coat, went up to do some more log book work.
I want to get as much of that out the way before it becomes to much of an obstetrical.
After yet another coat and dry, the stool is all done, I left it to dry then set the bear up for his little photo shoot. I acquired two lights and played around with them, trying to get the colour to look as flat as possible, leaving as little shadow as possible.
I then went through the images to find the one with the least amount of shadow.
This was then chroma keyed in photo shop by hitting Select>Colour Range, then toying around with the settings until all but the bear is white.
This was cropped then slightly edited with the eraser tool. I used a pink background to help show any green areas.
Problems- The stool took a second Colour Range edit as it was slightly different to the green screen.
This caused issues around the darker areas of the bear image, so the black bits appear slightly transparent.
Not to much of a problem for what I need him for though.
Now Neb can be placed in any picture or other.
I also crafted the RPG styled text box using a mixture of PhotoShop and MS Paint.
The rest of the night will consist of log book work.
THURS
So the game is pretty much operational as a game now. After some intense logic bricking, the scenes have been put in place and just need a graphical touch up to get it working how I envisioned it.
First scene for the first window has been set up with a fixed camera with a wobbly effect.
The clip is let to play (with sound added separately to the video) and once it's finished words appear linking
to two different scenes.
So pressing 1 takes you to one video and 2 takes you to another, each triggering a red or green light depending on the moral.
These words will be switched with the previously mentioned RPG text box, but this is just a graphical switch which won't effect the scenes.
Each logic brick is set to different sensors and actuators, these are set to trigger either an animation (such as the wobble effect), video clips, sounds and or scenes set with similar coding.
It goes on like this until you reach the final 4 scenes. All I need to do here is replace the words with a trigger to play either the ghost animation or an animation on the lights (from dim to large and bright).
The rest of the night consisted with logbook work.
FRI
I started importing the model again, however they still seem to have some problems rendering in the game. I wan to knock this on the head now, so I'll search around and check with Gary. They're probably displaying to many faces or something may be up with how the mesh is projected.
How to set up green screen-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TgCvFQVOmw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM15WvT9Kko
How to Chroma Key in Photoshop-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSnWyZxKZd4












No comments:
Post a Comment