Went on college trip, intended to do some log book work but it wasn't happening :L
TUES
Clear up day for college
As for the game there are still only two things that need finishing
-Voice clips to activate doors
-Character animation and foot steps
oh, also door sfx... damn. Tried to get the voice clips sorted tonight but I was having problems.
What I have here now is the voice clips set to play on different planes in various parts of the map (plus the corridor scenes)- the idea was to have a solid invisible plane block you until the audio finishes, then have that plane animated out of the map.
It worked the second time I tried it, but for some reason the planes aren't acting the same as before. They appear visible and have no collision with the player, however they do play the voice clips (which the corridor senes don't seems to play unless you move out of the line, then move back in and start jumping.. I feel this may be because I didn't name the property, so it's triggered by the camera by default? I don't know).
Anyway it's like 3am now, so I'm going to come at this tomorrow with a fresh mind.
WED
Worked on exhibition 'till I was booted out by the care takers- came home and and trying to get Blog and logbook finished for tomorrow/
This is going to be my final post, but it's also going to be a really busy night, so here goes.
EDIT:
It's 2AM and here's what I've managed to get done.
WED
Worked on exhibition 'till I was booted out by the care takers- came home and and trying to get Blog and logbook finished for tomorrow/
This is going to be my final post, but it's also going to be a really busy night, so here goes.
EDIT:
It's 2AM and here's what I've managed to get done.
First of all the stair sounds were removed to make way for foot step sounds
Then I added the first 3 voice clips to play one after the other- this was made possible by the delay function which I had to mess around with to get right. These delays were also added to the doors.
I worked it out something like this;
460 (First voice clip)
560 (Second v clip)
= 1020 (Estimated door delay)
It actually turned out to be 1080 for the door, the another animated plane was set to trigger the next clip and vanish- on 3000 Blend units of the game starting, the second set of doors are set to open.
This isn't a very solid way of doing this, but it's probably the quickest.
The triggers for the scenes were changed from Near (as in near the player) to Always, so they just play when that scene is loaded. I managed to make the planes invisible by switching to Edit mode and pressing Ctrl + Shift + N, this reversed the normals so it isn't visible from camera view.
I forgot to record my own foot step sounds, so for now I just used the foot step sounds found in the SFX of Resident Evil 2. I edited them in Vegas a bit then converted to mp3, etc etc.
The door sounds are also from Resident Evil 2. They were edited together in Vegas so both clips played at the same time- this was to emulate two doors opening.
I then put the foot step sounds onto the character the same way all sounds are linked into Blender.
I tried animating the camera, but it keeps glitching out and I have no idea why.
I would look into it, but I'm afraid it's just too late, I'll have to leave it out for now.
Then I noticed the roof texture went missing... then it came back randomly. I think this is just Blender being awkward for shits and giggles. The bed and other props behave demicky some times also.
Again, too late to worry about it. Oh, I also slowed down the characters walk speed to make it feel more like Slender Man, but without the b
I done a play through but the BBB scene just kept playing the GGB scene, so I had to follow the links step by step till I found it was playing the wrong file here.
After this I added the heart beat sounds... now I'm beat!
That's it for this game now. I've done all I can in the short time I had.
I'm disappointed with the out comes if I'm honest, there are a lot of little details that I've had to ignore or leave out which really bugs me. Ah well, it's the first time I've tried making a game using Blender or any 3D engine, so I guess it's to be expected.









No comments:
Post a Comment