This blog has been set up for a college project.
If you are viewing this and have no connection to the project being logged, feel free to use this for research should you wish to create a 3D first person game using Blender.
The following blog will contain research and development for my final major project.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The general
theme of this project shall be psychological philosophy, a sort of
social experiment if
you will,
looking at human consciousness and moral decisions. Using carefully
worded questions in a comical way, then hinting at the moral with the
response to that question. In other words I want to make people
double take on subjects the would generally accept as normality.
I will be
working towards an interactive installation in the form of a video
game experience (using either 3D or 2D game play), this including a
main menu/title screen with a custom title/logo and theme music. It
will be a short game running roughly about 3 minutes, more like a
demo for something potentially larger in the future.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time Scale.
Six Week Plan:
Week one
I
will start my primary research by looking at different locations and
taking photographs, planning out game design and looking at moral
choices, I Ching and other psychological ideas.
Secondary
research will also be done by finding different internet sources.
Week two
If
needed I will continue further research.
Then
I will be designing the lay out of the game, along with the script,
storyboards, and character designs if applicable. I should also have
my environment chosen by this week and a basic map of where the
questions will lead you.
Week three
By
week 3 everything should be set up ready to open my game making
software and begin programming.
Ideally
I want to get into the programming ASAP.
Week four
By
this week I should have the environments and player movements in
place, ready to input the different directions for the decisions and
possibly complete the animations required for the endings.
Week five
Will
consist of final programming and game play testing, fixing any bugs
or issues that may arise, also music and SFX if not completed during
week 3-4.
Week six
Final
touches and installation set up.
No comments:
Post a Comment