Friday, 25 April 2014

Multiple Choice Questionnaire Research

Questionnaires. Possibly just guesses. Interpretation by the creator of each quiz.
I should email some of the quiz creators and ask them how they plan their quizzes.


This one isn't very explanatory but it's a quiz kind of I guess.


Moral choice quizzes.


After looking at different quizzes I feel they are all subjective with obvious answers.
Eg
Would you kill a dying man if he asks you to?

1: no I couldn't 
2: yes, it's kinder
3: it depends if he can be saved

Each answer is subjective to our own experiences and understanding of the situation.
There is no right answer, the only notable thing is how a person thinks, are they impulsive or rational or too weak to decide. The problem is people tend to answer how they think they should answer, even if they're alone, they feel they have to in same way win. Only way to avoid this would be to put in trick questions. One that is perhaps the same as another but is worded in a way people might press if they're only looking for the correct answer.
Guess I best research psychology a bit more... Good thing I'm taking an art course!!!

This is a psychological study on choice answer questions

Turned out to be about changing you answers during tests rather than people lying on survey quizzes to in some way beat the system. Research continues.

This is just a general quiz on happiness


How to make the quiz


Apparently these quiz things have 7 rules of thumb to make them work.
Without these 7 tips a quiz can become difficult to answer for everybody.
The answers and questions have to be worded in a way everyone can understand and relate too.
These rules are;

Survey Question Mistake #1: Failing to Avoid Leading Words / Questions


Survey Question Mistake #2: Failing to Give Mutually Exclusive Choices


Survey Question Mistake #3: Not Asking Direct Questions


Survey Question Mistake #4: Forgetting to Add a “Prefer Not to Answer” Option


Survey Question Mistake #5: Failing to Cover All Possible Answer Choices


Survey Question Mistake #6: Not Using Unbalanced Scales Carefully


Survey Question Mistake #7: Not Asking Only One Question at a Time


Summary

While not totally inclusive, these seven tips are common offenders in building quality questions.
Focus on creating clear questions and having an understandable, appropriate, and complete set of answer choices.Great questions and great answer choices lead to great research success.

This was based on survey questionnaires rather than the typical ''Which Harry Potter Character am I'' type thing, however all multiple choice questionnaires should follow these 7 suggestions (click link above to find out more about the 7 common mistakes).

I am still undecided whether to vocalise the questions have have time triggers to activate the questions, or to have the questions silently pop up in a text box. Future research into games that use these type of methods might help me come to a decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment